Sunday, March 27, 2011

When I Need Motivation...

112lbs, though less than the 136 I started with, doesn't come off in one day. It took years to gain. I believe that if I stick to Visalus, I can take it off in a year or less. It can be slow going though. I've been working on motivators to help me when I'm not feeling so strong.

I think I'm nuts. Why shouldn't the weight loss be a motivator in itself? Then again, I got this way.

So here's what I do so far:

  • I shop for clothes online that I've not been able to wear yet but have always wanted to. (This is weird for me because I'm not much of a clotheshorse. Maybe my non-materialism has been a subconcious mental defense...lol)
  • I visualize my waist. It's been a while since I've seen it.
  • I visualize being able to lay out on the beach and not worry about what other people are thinking when they walk by.
  • I visualize not having to worry about whether a shirt is covering my tummy and not having to worry about how bad I'll look if I have to tuck my shirt in.
So far, it's working. Any motivational ideas, though, are appreciated. Weigh-in after I wake up tomorrow.

2 comments:

  1. Can't wait to hear about the weigh-in tomorrow. As you lose weight on the Body by Vi challenge, you can send in your story and win Caribbean cruises and makeovers. Wouldn't it be cool to win a free vacation?

    ReplyDelete