Friday, March 11, 2011

Commitment

Many times before, I've set myself down this path. Time and time again, I've failed. I've been reflecting on my past attempts this morning.

Every time before, I've realized, it was some extreme attempt that was usually unhealthy for me, which negates the whole reason for me to lose weight. You can't harm your body and expect it to get better any more than you can  expect for a diabetic to build an immunity to it's symptoms by loading up on sugar.

I've always had an issue with food, since I was a child, and it's taken me to such extremes as anorexia, bulimia, atkins dieting, zero sugar, and zero fat dieting.Every time, I lost weight. Every time, I gained it back and then some. When I denied myself, I always overcompensated. I believe that I'm a food addict.

The only way an alcoholic can recover from alcoholism is from complete abstinence. What foes a food addict do?

The best thing I can think of is to do what I'm doing. I've been praying for God to help me with what I have been unable to do myself. I believe in praying, then listening for the answer you're given, not the one you want. I've been doing my best to do that. I believe this program is teaching me a new way of life and is the answer to my prayers. I know it's healthy for me and I know that I can do it. I know that if I stick to it, I will reach my goal, the right way.

Today, I am grateful for a husband and friends that inspire and motivate me, for ViSalus, and for the chance that I've been given to change my life, and (no pun intended) remove a crushing weight that has plagued me since childhood.

No comments:

Post a Comment