Sunday, March 6, 2011

Does It Count?

So I didn't do my measurements last night. I seem to have misplaced my tape measure. My friend, Casey, is gonna bring one to work, so I'll get to do them Tuesday. I want to do them before I get too far along, though, to show my progress.

I weigh in tomorrow. Part of me is really looking forward to it. I know I've made progress. My inner instant-gratification fiend, however, is worried that I didn't make enough.

I do have a plus today, though. I was looking on sparkpeople after I tracked my calories for last night, feeling bad that I haven't been exercising.Heavy cleaning is listed on sparkpeople as an aerobic activity! Sure beats the 12oz curls I used to do:).

For those who don't know me or haven't talked to me in a while, I work two jobs, dispatching on midnight shift and cleaning houses during the day 4-5 times a week. It's not because I don't want to (well, maybe a little), I just have to rest when I can, because I never know when that's gonna be. In fact, I actually was late to appointments twice this week for oversleeping. I HATE being late and that's unusual for me, so I know I've reached my personal limit and that I just can't go anymore.


Adam says that stress takes away from the exercise quality of exercise (and cleaning), so I will just have to figure out a way to stress out less. I do tend to pray a lot when I clean, thanking God for the ability to work and take care of what needs to be taken care of and for the ability to do a good job so I can get home and go to bed. I need to find my ipod and start taking it with me I think. Everything passes quicker with music.

Two ViSalus shake recipes for you:

1 cup of fat free milk
5 ice cubes
ViSalus shake mix
1 serving of ovaltine powder
Blend and serve. It totally tastes like a chocolate milkshake.


Add instant cappuccino powder or coffee powder instead for a frappe.

Srsly, it's good.

2 comments:

  1. Sarah,

    I am so excited to be part of your Health Transformation! I would encourage you to be sure and get those measurements no later than Tuesday, you will be amazed at how fast the inches are removed compared to the weight :) I couldn't agree with you more in regard to your comments about Stephanie, she is an amazing person and I enjoy Sharing ViSalus with her.

    One of my current favorite shakes

    1 cup of fat free milk
    3-5 ice cubs
    ViSalus - ViShape Mix
    1/2 a banana
    Small hand full of walnuts
    Blend and serve - Yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thankyou! that may be a way to get in the calories I'm missing. I'm having a hard time meeting my goals. The ViSalus really helps with the hunger.

    ReplyDelete